Fall Grant Cycle Open
The Gogebic Range Health Foundation’s fall grant cycle is open.
The foundation is now accepting Letter of Intent submissions at www.gogebicrangehf.org/apply-for-grants/. Information about grant priorities and the application process can be found on the website as well.
The Gogebic Range Health Foundation’s grant program supports community-based health initiatives that align with the Foundation’s mission and vision. Applications from organizations and agencies that have pedestrian walking and biking infrastructure projects and that make it easier and safer for people of all ages and abilities to walk/bike for recreation or transportation are encouraged. Priority will be given to projects that are seeking match funding or gap funds. A specific percentage match is not required but leveraging funds and funding partnerships are reviewed very carefully.
Please review the information on the website carefully before submitting an application. Contact email@example.com with questions.
Fall Grant Priority Areas
- Pedestrian walking/biking paths, lanes and trails
- Mountain bike trails and facilities
- Connector trails from neighborhoods and parks to the Iron Belle Trail or the Mercer By Bike regional trail corridors
- Land acquisition with an existing plan for trail development.
- Safe Routes to School projects that improve safety of children walking and biking to school.
The GRHF generally makes grants to the following.
- Tax exempt organizations under 501(c)(3) and organizations that meet our mission and vision
- Public agencies including school districts, state, county and city governments
- Organizations and agencies located in the Gogebic Iron Range: Iron County, Wi and Gogebic County, MI.
The GRHF generally does not make grants to the following.
- For profit organizations
- General operating costs and salaries
- Organizations and projects that do not align with our mission or priorities
- Individuals, sectarian, religious or political activities/campaigns/causes
- Projects in which the Gogebic Range Health Foundation is the sole or primary funder
- Projects outside of Iron County, Wi or Gogebic County, MI
- Events, races, promotions, sponsorships
The mission of the Gogebic Range Health Foundation is to advance community health across the Gogebic Range, and they accomplish this through investing in projects that make a sustainable impact on the community. Andrea Newby, Executive Director states that “We believe our greatest opportunity is to leverage funding from other agencies, and to serve as a catalyst in making community health projects a possibility.”
The Gogebic Range Health Foundations funding priorities are based on the idea of a broad definition of health, that there is much more to health than health care. Newby says, Strategic focus on facilitating and leading efforts to create an interconnected network of pedestrian walking and biking trails will lead to health benefits that include better overall physical health and mental health of residents and economic health of the community.
The grant process has two parts, a Letter of Intent, and a full application. The Letter of Intent is due October 8, 2021. Organizations will be invited to submit a full application, after all Letter of Intent submissions have been reviewed.
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrea at 906-364-7525.